- The information we collect and how we use it
When you place a booking for an Event either by phone, website or email, we need to know your name and other information such as your postal address, e-mail address, telephone number and your credit card number with expiry date or bank account details etc. We gather this information to allow us to process your request. The relevant information is then used by us, our agents and sub-contractors to provide you with the service you have requested and to communicate with you on any matter relating to the provision of the service in general. We may also use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring web site usage and bookings in order to help us develop our service and may provide such aggregate information to third parties. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify any individual. We and our group companies may also wish to provide you with information about special features of our web site or any special service or products which we think may be of interest to you. We may provide this information by post, text message or email. If you would rather not receive this information please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your preferences.
So what are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files which are placed on your computer when you visit a website.
- “First party” cookies are set by the site you have chosen to visit.
- “Third party” cookies are set by sites external to the one you are visiting.
- “Session” cookies expire when you close your browser.
- “Persistent” cookies do not immediately expire and will remain on your computer until they reach their expiration date or you choose to remove them.
- “Web beacons” are small pixels that are used alongside cookies to monitor site activity.
Should I be concerned?
The E-Privacy Directive asks businesses to make their online customers aware of cookie usage, so that customers may opt out if they prefer. Cookies are not computer programs and importantly cannot spread viruses. They cannot access other information stored on the user’s computer – in order to get a user’s email address for example.
Special Catering Company Ltd recommend that you accept cookies from our site, as you will not be able to use our online service without them, or would prevent us from making future improvements to services based on tracked visitor behaviour.
However, if you wish to disable our cookies it can be achieved via your browser settings or via www.networkadvertising.org/choices. To find out more about managing cookies visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
What cookies do Special Catering Company Limited trading as Heathcote&Co use?
We use “first party” cookies to:
- provide a shopping service such as logging in to your account, remembering the contents of your booking and remembering your details whilst going through checkout.
- track visitor numbers, paths and sales to ensure that we can supply a fast and efficient service.
We use “third party”, “session” and “persistent” cookies to:
- track sales where the visitor was referred from external sites.
- track video views.
- provide remarketing support.
Special Catering Company Limited trading as Heathcote&Co with third party suppliers such as Adroll and Google Inc who may set cookies on our website. This allows us to use remarketing techniques to help target our marketing and advertising campaigns more effectively by providing internet based advertisements that are personalised to your interests.
Special Catering Company Limited trading as Heathcote&Co use “web beacons” to:
- track website traffic.
- gather statistics on the use of the website.
- How we protect your information
The Internet is not a secure medium. However we have installed a mechanism that uses digital server identities so that you can be sure that the website you access is ours. This is done using one of the internet “Trusted Certification Authorities”. When you access the secure pages of our site your browser will be provided with an electronic certificate confirming that you have accessed our site and all communications will be encrypted. When you create an online booking that is then passed on to the relevant destination using the same level of encryption, this includes credit card verification. Firewalls are used to block unauthorised traffic to the servers and the actual servers are located in a secure location which can only be accessed by authorised personnel.
- Updating your details
If any of the information that you have provided to Special Catering Company limited requires updating then please let us know. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com or by sending a letter to Macron Stadium, De Havilland Way, Bolton BL6 6SF.
- Your consent
- How to contact Special Catering Company limited trading as Heathcote&Co
- Phone Calls
Calls may be recorded for quality monitoring and training purposes